- Well, I have a lot of catching up to do. First, Nathan has been sick for 9 days now, out of school for an entire week. He had Fifth Disease, but probably has something else, too, because Fifth Disease doesn't usually take this long to get over. The rash is pretty much gone, just some dry irritated spots where it's still healing. He still has a fever off and on, though. It was 101 last night before he went to bed. His eyes are all bloodshot, which is part of the Fifth's Disease. He looks horrible. The thing that is worrying me now is that his left eye is slightly droopy compared to his right and he keeps his neck really stiff when he turns to talk to anyone. The whole thing makes me so nervous. He's never been this sick before. It scares me! I just want him back to his old self.
- Easter was kind of low key compared to normal because it was conference weekend (I love conference!) and Nathan being sick. We had Megan here, so all three of them got their baskets on Sunday morning. They had lots of candy, but I also put a ZhuZhu pet in Nathan's basket. I would have put one in Megan's too, but she had told me weeks ago that she didn't want one. The kids didn't seem very excited about their baskets, although nathan loved his ZhuZhu pet. He was really excited about that. That morning, Megan, Nathan and I dyed eggs that I had hard boiled the day before. The night before Megan and I had made nests out of chow mein noodles and melted marshmallows and put three little jelly beans in the center to make them look like bird eggs. Cute! I feel bad that we didn't do an Easter egg hunt, but I was kind of preoccupied with Nathan's illness. The Shields ended up coming over, too, right as the first session of conference started. We visited with them for a while, then they left the kids with us while they went to the Jackson's for Easter dinner. As soon as they left I realized that Nathan was sick again, laying down. His fever had shot right up and he was feeling really miserable. We all went down to my Mom & Dad's for Easter dinner. We brought rolls and strawberry shortcake and Mom had made a corned beef dinner with potatoes, carrots, turnips and onions in the crock pot. Yum! It was nice, but it seemed kind of weird because it was just Mom and Dad, Dan and I, Megan, Nathan, Aubreigh and Maisey. None of Mike's family came. Bummer. Amber didn't come down because she was on the phone with her boyfriend. It was just weird. It didn't feel like a holiday. One thing that I did like about it was having conference on Easter. I love listening to conference. They are always so uplifting.
- This weekend Nathan and I rented Ponyo and Planet 51. They were really cute movies, although I fell asleep partway through Planet 51. I was just way too tired to stay awake. I really like Ponyo.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment