Today has been a restful day because Nathan and I have been home all day. He came down with a fever this weekend. Dan stayed home with him on Sunday from church. He seems to be feeling better, but I just looked in his throat and it looks horrible. Really swollen tonsils with white spots all over them. One of his friends had strep throat recently, so I thought he might get it. His throat doesn't hurt very badly, though. We'll see how he does tonight. Yesterday, he said, "I notice that when I'm sick you and Dad soften up a little." That totally cracked me up. He doesn't miss anything. I let him sleep in my bed the past couple of nights. He's been tossing and turning and moaning and talking in his sleep. I haven't got much rest because he keeps waking me up. He says the strangest things in his sleep. It's pretty funny most of the time. He said the other night, "We're gonna put frosting on that one."
I got lots of things done today, which was nice. I cleaned out my scrapbook room, which really needed it. That looks much better now. I also took pictures of a whole bunch of art projects Nathan did last year, which were too big to put in albums. I love getting stuff accomplished. I also balanced my checkbook, wrote out two checks, called a friend about an art project she wanted directions for, washed bedding, gave Nathan a bath, prepared for family home evening, got out the Thanksgiving decorations, did homework with Nathan, etc.
Nathan has been really into Legos lately. He just discovered a new Lego line, Ninjago. There are four little Ninjas and a Sensei. They have to defeat their enemies, who are skeletons. He even found a Ninjago game on my itouch. He loves it.
We've been reading a lot lately. He likes Pony Pals books, which is kind of funny because it's about three girls and their ponies. He really likes them, though. We also recently started reading Matilda. He watched the movie recently, and loved it, so I figured he'd like the book. After all, the books are always better!
No comments:
Post a Comment