Friday, April 20, 2012

Peanut

My mom's cat, Princess, had two kittens almost a week ago.  One of them was a lot smaller than the other, and was not gaining weight.  Mom started feeding it with a syringe and eye dropper, and it was hanging on.  It even seemed to be getting a little stronger.  She named him/her Peanut. Today, I was down there, and Mom and I started feeding it with an eye dropper.  It started acting really weird, though, and it slowly stopped moving and breathing.  It was so sad.  Mom was trying so hard to save it.  She was blowing in it's face and rubbing it.  It was just so sad.  We all had tears in our eyes, and Nathan started crying and Gram started crying, too.  She gets upset when any animals or people die.  It was Nathan's first time dealing with the death of an animal. 

This afternoon, I went with my Mom to help dress a sister in our ward, Phyllis Pelletier, that passed away.  She was a really sweet sister, and I was honored to help and do that bit of service for her.  It was the first time I'd ever helped dress someone that's passed away.  It was difficult in a way, but it was touching to see how sweet her daughter-in-law, Missy, loved her.  She treated her with so much love and respect, even in death.

I've been doing tons of scrapbooking this week.  I worked on my Project Life album, my baby announcement album (I had three babies to add), and Nathan's album.  I did 8 pages for his album, which almost catches me up.  I just have to do Valentine's day and then his birthday and baptism.    

No comments:

Post a Comment