Sunday, February 3, 2013

This Weekend

Well, this weekend was quite relaxing, which was a welcome relief because last weekend was super busy.  Here's a recap of the weekend:

  • I totally relaxed on Friday night.  I didn't feel like doing anything, including making supper (we just had leftovers).  Dan and I did end up watching a movie on Netflix and eating ice cream, though, which was fun.  We watched a thriller that totally stressed me out!  The actor was so cocky and arrogant and evil that I just wanted to reach through the tv and strangle him.  Eventually, he fell apart emotionally, which I really enjoyed.  I don't know why it stressed me out so much!:-)
  • On Saturday, the Atwaters came over for a play date.  Nathan loves playing with Joseph and Ephraim, so they had  a great time.  Patricia and I visited and made homemade soft pretzels.  I ended up overcooking them (still not sure how that happened), but they were still okay.   After lunch of pretzels and chicken noodle soup, we ended up talking about recipes and menus.  We wrote out several recipes that Patricia wanted.  It was fun just visiting and talking.  Of course, little Sophie was just as cute as a button, getting into everything:-)
  • For supper that night, we had Chinese food from Ocean Pearl.  Yum!   I got lots of boring things checked off my to-do list, like balancing my checkbook and things like that. 
  • I've been working on Personal Progress lately, and a couple of weekends ago, Megan and I read the entire For the Strength of Youth.  We each chose three things we were going to work on.  One of the areas I wanted to work on was fasting.  I decided to fast today, which I haven't done in years, literally.  I did pretty well during church, but I could feel a headache coming on as the morning went on.  After church, I decided to take a nap because I didn't sleep well last night.  Plus, if you can't eat, you may as well be unconscious.  The time goes by faster (Heehee).  By the time I woke up I had such a huge headache.  I had to take something for it, and then wait a while for it to kick in.  I'm glad that I fasted, but I hope I don't feel like that every month.
  • Tonight we watched the Superbowl.  It's basically the only time I watch football.  It was fun, though, and Dan explained everything I didn't understand.  We ended up eating chocolate chip cookies, Doritos, and cheese sticks for snacks. 
  • This afternoon, Nathan and I made chocolate chip cookies, which was fun.  We've also been reading Humphrey books lately, which he's really enjoying.  We recently finished The World According to Humphrey which he read as a school project.  Now we're on Friendship According to Humphrey.   Each night, I've been trying to have him spend at least 15 minutes on Dreambox, which is a math game that we have a subscription to.  I think it's really been helping his math skills.  I love that site. 
  • We got Megan's report card in the mail this weekend.  She got on the honor roll again!  She's such a good student!
  • Well, here it is, 12:20 in the morning and I am still wide awake.  It's the combination of the nap and the caffeine from the Excedrin.  I'm going to finish up some stuff for school, and then hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep.     

No comments:

Post a Comment