This is going to be random, but I want to catch up on what's been going on.
On Saturday, I chaperoned a youth activity in Topsham. The youth went roller skating/blading and then we went to the chapel and had lunch. Then the youth learned a dance that they could perform at the Night of Broadway if they wanted to. Unfortunately, none of our girls really wanted to do that, so we ended up leaving early. The girls seemed to have a lot of fun at the roller skating place though. That night, Megan said, "I'm obsessed with Super Saturdays now." I'm so glad she's enjoying them.
Sunday was our Ward Conference, so our stake Young Women presidency came. Susan LaFlamme taught the lesson, while Shannon and I met with Kathy Priest and Jenna Merriman. It was such a inspiring meeting. Jenna is such a spiritual leader and cares so deeply about the girls. She gave us this great quote from James E. Faust. He said, "We need not become paralyzed with fear of Satan's power. He can have no power over us unless we permit it. He is really a coward, and if we stand firm, he will retreat." I left the meeting feeling so uplifted, not just for the girls, but for me too.
Today is a snow day! It's been a nice, relaxing day. I love days like this. Nathan and I recently watched Mary Poppins and then read the original book. Today, we watched The Wizard of Oz and started reading the book. I always love reading the books that movies are based on. Nathan recently saw the movie that just came out, "The Great and Powerful Oz" so he was making lots of comparisons between the book and the two movies. I love it.
Last week, we had our Young Women in Excellence meeting. We had Courtney, Bekah, Norissa, and Michaela. It was a lot of fun. We had the theme of "Stand Ye in Holy Places" since it is the youth theme this year. Shannon made origami shoes and filled them with Hershey kisses. She also made some other decorations that went with the theme. I made big tissue paper flowers and I also found pictures of shoes for each Young Women color. It was a fun night. I'm really enjoying this calling.
We had the missionaries over for dinner this week. I like knowing we are helping the missionaries, and I'm also hoping that Nathan will be inspired. I want him to be excited about going on a mission.
I found a guinea pig magazine from the UK. I was really excited about it, but it was going to be pretty expensive, especially with shipping and handling. They said there was a digital edition coming soon, so I waited patiently, and it eventually became available. I bought one issue, and it was awesome! Now I really want to order some old editions, which are cheaper than the newer ones. I just love my little guinea pig! I just wish that I could talk Dan into letting me get him a little companion. Guinea pigs are actually social animals. I held Zip earlier today and he cuddled up on the couch next to me, leaning on my leg, and went to sleep. It was the cutest thing ever. After a while, I picked him up, and he fell asleep again on my lap. I had him all wrapped up in a towel, and I pulled back the edge and I could see his cute little feet. It was the cutest thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment