Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vacation

We had a nice, relaxing vacation last week.  We went to Ashland, New Hampshire, which was only about 2 1/2 hours away, but we liked the resort and we were able to do some fun things.  We went to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, Clark's Trading Post (where we saw a bear show and Chinese Acrobats and Nathan rode the bumper boats), Canobie Lake Park (which was a lot of fun), and Whale's Tale ( a water park with a wave pool and a lazy river).  We also just hung out at the resort a lot, where we watched movies, played games, and went swimming (they had indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs).  Dan and I played horseshoes and shuffleboard.  I lost at both, but it was still fun.  We went to church on Sunday (I love going to new wards).  the girls went out a couple of times to do stuff, just the two of them, like a movie and shopping.  It was a nice vacation.  Dan always does all the cooking and laundry when we are on vacation, so it makes it really relaxing for me.  He's so sweet!

I hurt my back somehow on Saturday, and I had a rough couple of days on Sunday and Monday. I was in so much pain.  I couldn't even get out of bed for a while.  Tuesday and today were better, luckily.  I hope it heals quickly because I have so much I want to get done this summer!

My mom is coming home tomorrow morning from her trip to Utah.  She went out with Marge to do some Glenn Beck stuff and to visit people they knew, like the Blakes and our friend Keyth.  I'm excited to see Mom again.  I've missed her!  You're never to old to want your mom!  Hahaha!

Felicia and her boyfriend Mike moved into Mike's old trailer across from Kelly and Erland.  Mike's already built a new front porch.  I'm so excited that they are so nearby.  I love it. 

Mike and Hilda brought Elin over to meet Ashley and Megan.  She was so cute.  She makes the cutest expressions.  It just cracks me up.  She wasn't very impressed with the guinea pig, and she scowled and imitated him chewing.  It was so funny.  I already love her to pieces.

I've been reading a lot lately, especially since I hurt my back.  I've been reading  a lot of Casey Watson books on my Kindle.  She and her husband do therapeutic foster care, and the stories she has to tell are so interesting.  It makes me want to do foster care again. 

I've been racking my brain, trying to come up with a way to make money without having to go back to teaching in the fall.  I really don't want to go back!  I'm afraid I might not have a choice, though.  I keep going back and forth between trying to find something and just sucking it up and deciding to just teach again for another year.  I just don't know.  There are options I've come up with, but I need to know for sure that I'm going to make enough money, especially with Nathan going to Boxberry next year.  I just don't know what to do.  I love the idea of making and selling mini scrapbooks because I would be really good at that, and it would be low stress, but it wouldn't guarantee enough money.  Plus, it would only be a part-time thing anyway.  I would still need something else part-time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment