Sunday, February 2, 2014

WGU

I just finished my second week with WGU.  I did training for 8 days, and then started the real evaluating on Wednesday.  I'm enjoying it so far, although yesterday was a little difficult because I had to work several hours in order to get enough hours in for the week.  Everybody was home, so it wasn't very peaceful.  Normally, I won't have to work on Saturdays and Sundays, though.  It's been fun to connect with people in Utah.  My Evaluation Supervisor is LDS and she graduated from BYU in 1990, right before I got there. 


I had to bring Zip to the vet this week.  He's been scratching himself so much that he's losing hair on his back.  The vet thought it was probably mites, so we got some medication for it.


I've been getting ready for New Beginnings at church on Wednesday.  I'm in charge of it, so I have a lot to do.  We're having an Olympic theme, so I'm going to make medals for the parents to give their daughters.  I also have a cool slide show and video I found online.  I love Pinterest!


Megan, Zihan, Nathan, Mom, and I went to see Frozen last night.  Nathan and I had already seen it, but we wanted to see it again.   Everyone loved it.  It's such a good movie. 


Gram's memory is getting worse.  It's getting harder and harder for my mom to take care of her.   I think she will have to go into a nursing home before long.  I never thought it would come to that, but it's just getting really hard.  My mom has done an incredible job taking care of her.  She shows her so much love.  Not many daughters-in-law would be so giving of their time.  My mom's awesome!


On Friday night a whole bunch of us went down to South Portland to a CCI event.  Mike, Hilda, and Elin met us there.  Mom, Nathan, Zihan, and her friend Nidah rode down with us.  Dan and Megan met us there. There were exchange students from all over the world.  They had tables set up so that we could learn about other countries.  Megan, Nathan, and Elin all got Henna tattoos from Pakistan (which is where Nidah is from ).  All of the students introduced themselves, then we had entertainment.  A little 6 year old girl sang the National Anthem.  Then a chorus of girls from around the world performed, then an acapella group from a high school around here sang a few songs.  It was just a really fun evening.   





No comments:

Post a Comment