Friday, March 7, 2014

It's a Boy!

Chris and Olivia found out yesterday that they are having a boy!  His name is going to be Ayden Matthew Dyer!  I can't wait to meet the little guy.

This Wednesday was New Beginnings at church, which I was in charge of.  It ended up being really good.  I was worried, though, because none of the parents showed up.  Ugh!  We had an Olympic theme, though, which was fun.  Shannon made the Olympic rings in YW colors.  I made sock cupcakes with a little poem that talks about coming unto Christ.  I also made cookies in all the YW colors that resembled Olympic rings.  The best part, though, was when we gave the girls their medals.  I made medals out of salt dough, and spray painted them gold.  Shannon, Lois, and I took turns talking about each of the girls, and told them why they deserved a gold medal.  We and a few of the girls teared up because we are so proud of these girls!  I think the girls loved hearing all the good things we had to say about them!  We love them to pieces! 

Dan and I tried archery last night.  It was so fun!  I've been wanting to try it for a while (ever since I watched The Hunger Games).  I told Dan that I wanted to try archery for my birthday.  It only cost us 25 dollars for both of us to have an hour long lesson.  I loved it! Dan was super good at it, but I was pretty good for my first try.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment