Well, we got back from vacation on Sunday afternoon. It was a really relaxing vacation, which was good for all of us. We stayed at Friar Tuck in Catskill, New York. The decor of the place was really neat. It is set in medieval times, so the hallways in the inn are brick and the doorways are curved at the top. It felt just like you were in a medieval castle. The individual buildings for time shares were like little cottages. We spent quite a bit of time in the pool at the resort, and we also went to a water park, Zoom Flume, for a couple of days. Nathan and I took a little trip to a Firehouse Museum, which was fun. (I was so proud of myself. I drove there myself! For those of you that know me and how incredibly horrible I am at directions, this is a great feat. Of course, I wouldn't have even attempted it without the GPS. I just love that thing.) We also played Shuffleboard and Bocce, which they have at the resort. I'll be making some digital scrapbook pages of our vacation during the next couple of days, and I'll post them as I make them.
I never finished writing about Larry, the little boy we did respite for, the week before we went on vacation. It was really fun having him here. He's an adorable little boy. We only had him for a week, but we found ourselves thinking about him during vacation. When we went on the train ride, I was thinking, "Larry would love this." His favorite thing to play with was Nathan's trains. He and Nathan got into arguments because they were both so strong willed. They even argued about who was going to talk first. I wanted to take them swimming a lot and maybe to the beach one day, but the weather was horrible that week. I only ended up taking them swimming a couple of times, so we had to come up with things to do inside most of the time. That was a little challenging. Anyway, whoever adopts him will be a lucky family. He was getting more comfortable and loving with Dan and I as the week went on. He loved following Dan around in the evenings, talking and asking questions. It was so cute. He's such a sweet little boy. Even when he was grumpy, I found myself grinning because he was so darn cute. I kept thinking how sad it is that his forever family is missing all of his cute mannerisms, expressions and the way he pronounces things. His mom would be cherishing those little things, just like all mothers do. Hopefully, he'll get to his forever family soon.
Ashley left for Girls' Camp this morning. She's been really excited about it. I'm so glad she wanted to go. I already can't wait for her to get back. Four weeks in the summer is not enough! We've been having a great time with her here. Amber has been in a pretty good mood so far, too. Megan was in heaven with both of her sisters here. We had to drop her off on the way back from vacation, but I'm sure we'll have her a couple more times before the girls go back.
The girls played Nathan's Game Boy and Megan's Nintendo DS while we were on vacation. They had never played a hand held game before! I couldn't believe it. Anyway, they were hooked and they played them a lot at the resort and in the car. They really like Mario Brothers and Catz. It just goes to show, you never know what kids are going to like.
We got to see a lot of Dan's family before we went on vacation, too. A lot of them had come for Joe & Crystal's wedding, and some of them came right after. It was really fun seeing all the kids, especially the new babies. There were three that we hadn't seen yet. We also got to meet Hannah's boyfriend, Cam. He was really nice and seemed to fit right in. He was holding the babies, and just seemed comfortable around everyone. The best thing is that they ended up getting engaged a few days later!
No comments:
Post a Comment