So much for the lap-band surgery. My insurance will cover 0%. Nice.
My Mother's Day was really nice. Dan made me a special meal on Saturday night. Chicken on the grill, mashed potatoes and corn. He also bought me two matching hanging flowers for the porch. My mom's first comment to me when she saw them was, "I hope you water them this year." Uh, thanks Mom. Anyway, the next day, which was actually Mother's Day, Amber and I sang a duet in church. We've been singing this song (Mother, Tell Me the Story) for years together, but we'd never done it at church. We got lots of compliments on it, so I guess it went well. We went down to my Mom and Dad's for supper. I made enchiladas, Dad made a potato salad, and mom made a macaroni salad. Weird combination, but it was all really good. I gave Mom a CD we had ordered from Deseret Book.
Amber and Nathan both gave me presents. Nathan gave me three cards he had made at school. Amber wrote a poem, and framed it. She also gave me a pretty pair of earrings. I felt so loved.
Hey Michelle, shounds like you had a nice mothers day! i really wish i could have heard you and amber sing together! next time im home, you'll have to sing together again :)
ReplyDelete