Sunday, September 19, 2010

Time Out for Women


I just got back last night from my first Time Out For Women by Deseret Book. It was awesome! There were so many inspiring talks and perforformances. I drove our van down with Mom, Lil, Nina, Marianne and Debbie Blake. The rest of the girls in this picture rode down in another van (Cindy McWhorter, Cindy Bissell, Cathy Priest, Caron Beeckel and Rachel).

We were able to hear the following speakers/musicians:
  • Jenny Oaks Baker (violinist)
  • Virginia Hinckley Pearce
  • Hilary Weeks (singer, pianist)
  • S. Michael Wilcox
  • Emily Watts
  • Merilee Boyack
  • MaryEllen Edmunds
  • Mariama Kallon

It was such an amazing weekend! My favorite presenter was Mariama Kallon. Her story is just incredible. Even after traumatic experiences in Africa, she is able to have joy and a strong testimony. I liked hearing both of the musicians, although I probably enjoyed the violin more than most people there since I play. I'll definitely be going to the next one they offer here in the northeast!

No comments:

Post a Comment