Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy weekend!

I love conference weekend. I love sleeping in and hearing all the talks. We have a little tradition that Dan carries out twice a year. He gets jelly beans and puts them in little plastic bags with our names on them. I'm not big on the small jelly beans so he gets me big jelly beans or spice drops. The kids usually color or draw, but this time they were into stringing beads into necklaces and bracelets. We have them watch one session, even though Dan and I watch both.

We had a surprise birthday party for my parents yesterday afternoon. My dad turned 60 on September 27th and my mom will turn 60 exactly one week later, on October 4th. They knew that we were going to have cake and ice cream for them, but they didn't know that we invited a whole bunch of family. Besides their children and grandchildren, we had Gram Record, Uncle Ken, Aunt Lorraine, Uncle Gene, Uncle Bernard, Aunt Diane, Kathy, Payge, Uncle Bert and his friend Doris, Uncle Bob and Aunt Cecile, and Dicky. My parents seemed really pleased. They kept thanking us for giving them the party. Mike and Hilda brought the cake, which was totally fabulous! I'll post pictures soon.

My mom is trying to find a home for her horse. He is just too skittish. He freaked out when she tried to put fly spray on him a couple of weeks ago, which resulted in a broken arm. This week he kicked the ferrier. Luckily, he didn't get hurt.

Nathan had two soccer games yesterday. I love watching his games. He is getting better at going after the ball. He was kind of done by the second game, but he did well overall. His teammates are Branson, Jesse, Kyle, Mikaela, Kayla, Bryanna and one more girl, but I forgot her name. It is so fun watching them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment