Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Grand Opening

Ashley took this awesome picture of the horses when she was here during Christmas break. I love it! It's so beautiful. It's breathtaking!

Dan, Nathan and I went to the grand opening of Mike's new store, The Board Barn, yesterday. They were really busy, and it seemed to be going really well. Dad was cooking hot dogs and Hilda had made lots of food. It's a beautiful building. Lots of people came to support him. All the girls came, Mom, Dad and Gram Record. Some of Hilda's family came, too. We all got free hats, which was fun.

Nathan was having a great time. He loved his new hat and he loved checking the place out. He loved walking around with Mike and Grandpa.

  • Nathan lost his other front tooth this week. He had a dentist appointment to fill a couple of cavities, so the doctor pulled it when he wasn't paying attention. H looks so adorable! The new ones are already coming in. He had been quite annoyed because everyone kept asking him about his loose tooth, but he wouldn't wiggle it or try to get it any looser. I'm glad the dentist pulled it because I don't want his adult ones to come in crooked. No amount of talking could convince him to lose it. We reminded him of the tooth fairy, but he said, "I have plenty of money." He was pretty excited about the five dollars that the tooth fairy left, though, and wanted to spend it right away on a train.
  • I thought it would be fun to keep track of what we do for Family Home Evening this year. For the first couple of weeks we finished up the Christmas ornament calendar from the Christmas season. There was an ornament for each day of December, which Nathan could put on the paper tree. Each day had a question about the Nativity story and a scripture to read that answers the question. The next week we used some pictures to tell the story of Lehi's dream. We also read a story from the Friend about the scriptures (It was called Sammy's Scriptures). This past Monday we told some stories from the scriptures of acts of service that Jesus gave. Then we played a matching game to learn about some acts of service children can perform.
  • Dan came home yesterday with my Valentine's present. He said he had to give it to me early, and I couldn't imagine what it could be. It turns out that he bought me a new cell phone! It's much nicer than my old one. He had to give it to me early because he brought my old phone with him so they could put all my numbers and information in my new one. So my old one isn't active anymore. He is so sweet!
  • Nathan decided to give one of his trains to a little boy at church. Then he said, "He needs some track for it" so he got enough pieces to make a circle. I was so pleased that he was willing to give something away that he likes. I think we're making progress. He also wanted to come with my mom and Emily and I when we went to clean the chapel last night. I was so glad that he wanted to give service. Yay!
  • Nathan and I just finished watching some Little House on the Prairie episodes from Netflix. I love Netflix.
  • I'm really enjoying my Primary class. They are so adorable. I had six children today, but two of them are visiting, so I won't have them most of the time.
  • This time of year always makes me want to travel. Here are the five places I'd most like to go: Prince Edward Island, Utah to visit family and go to Education Week, China with Mike and Hilda or to volunteer at Starfish and someplace tropical in the winter

No comments:

Post a Comment