Sunday, January 8, 2012

Books

One thing I've really enjoyed since finishing my Masters is just time to read. I love getting pulled into a book, and reading for hours. I have no idea who Jorge Luis Borges is, but I love this quote:

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."-Jorge Luis Borges

Here are three I've read so far:

I thought I'd read a little of this before going to bed one night, but I ended up reading the whole thing. It was interesting to read about the Depression and the Dust Bowl. I didn't know much about the Dust Bowl, so I learned a lot. It made me thankful to live in this day and age.




I enjoyed this book about a Jewish family in Germany during WWII. The father escapes to America, but has to work for months in order to get enough money to send for his wife and three daughters. In the meantime, the wife and daughters go to Switzerland, where it's safer, to wait for word from the father.





I just finished reading this one to Nathan this morning. We recently watched "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" so I thought I'd get the other books from the library. We both really liked this book. What an imagination C.S. Lewis had. Also, I read once that there are many underlying messages that correlate with doctrine of the church. He wasn't LDS, but he certainly had some understandings of eternal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment