Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Enjoying summer

Vacation has been relaxing so far and I'm loving it.  We've just been hanging out with very few planned events and activities.  That's the way I like it. 

Mom and Dad finally opened the pool a few days ago, but it's been so rainy that we haven't been able to use it.  We did go down to the lake last weekend with the Atwaters after Joseph's piano lesson.  Kristen and Scott met us down there with the girls and after they went swimming we kept Maddi and Sydney overnight.  They are such fun, cute girls.  I love having them over.  Megan was here, too, and she loves to do things with them.  She's such a mother hen.

Megan and Dan went on a temple trip on Friday.  I'm so glad Megan got to go.  With only going to church every couple of weeks she needs all the spiritual experiences she can. 

I've lost 25 1/2 pounds so far!  I'm so excited!  I lost three and a half pounds on my own, then I started the bodiPath program.  It's a 40 day program and I'm on day 22.  I've lost 22 pounds during that time!  I'm hoping to lose another 14 and a half during the next 18 days.  I'll feel so much better for our Florida trip.  After I do this first 40 days I'm going to try to lose the next 80 by counting Weight Watcher points and excercising.  I love that I'm losing weight fast, but the diet is really restrictive.  There is not much that is allowed, so when we go anywhere I can't eat anything.   The hardest part has been going to dinner at Mom and Dad's and even cooking meals for the family.  I hate having to cook stuff that I know I can't eat.  It's so hard.   There have been days so far that were so hard that I would have given up if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want to waste my money.  The program is so expensive that I didn't want to waste the money I spent.  It wasn't cheap.  I've never been tempted so badly in my life without giving in.  The other day I cooked lunch for the family, told Dan it was ready and that he needed to serve it because I couldn't handle looking at it, and then went in my room and just cried and cried.  I couldn't handle it that day.  But,  I didn't give in.  I kept going, which is an amazing accomplishment for me.  I think this is just what I needed to get me going.

The other day Emily called me from Mom's and said she had just given Mom a pedicure and foot rub and asked me if I wanted one.  Heck, yeah!  I went right down to Mom's and Emily had everything all set up.  What girl at that age does stuff like that for her family?  She's so awesome.  She also gave Gram one and Nathan.  She is just so sweet.  Last week we got together and did her last few assignments for seminary so she could get credit for this year.  She had nine days to make up, so we sat on the couch and did nine days worth of assignments.  I'm so proud of her for doing three years of seminary so far.  She's basically done it with no support from her family, other than my mom.  Also, I think her sisters might have brought her a couple of times, but seriously, when a girl is from an inactive family, there's not much chance of going to seminary.  But, she did it!  And for a long time she was the only student going, which would make it even harder.  She's so awesome!

My hip has been bothering me so much lately.   If I sit down, especially on hard surfaces, it starts hurting really badly.  The other day I was so sick of it, I called my doctor's office.  He wasn't in, but I got to see the nurse practitioner.  She thinks it might be arthritis.  Ugh!  That would be horrible because there is basically no cure for that.  Anyway, I have to start physical therapy and see if that helps.  I thought losing weight might help, but it hasn't so far.   Hopefully it will get better because the end of the school year was really difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment