Sunday, July 8, 2012
Sunday afternoon
I got a new camera on Friday! I'm so excited about it. I wanted a new camera for our trip to Florida because my camera is kind of big and old (six years). I noticed at Walmart that they had Kodak Easy Share cameras for only 99 dollars, so I used 50 dollars from Mom for my birthday and 50 from Dan. Anyway, it's tiny and pink and I just love it. I took some pictures down at Mom and Dad's the other day and they came out great.
Megan is here this weekend. Nathan is totally in heaven when she's here. Right now, they are playing in his room, and I'm sure she'll sleep there tonight too. She always sleeps on his top bunk or even with him sometimes unless she has a friend with her or Ashley is here.
Steve and Lil came over this afternoon and stayed for supper. We had ham, mashed potato, green beans and corn. Megan made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon, too, so we had those for dessert. They were so heavenly! She is a good little cook. It was nice to visit with Steve and Lil. We haven't visited with them in so long. We caught up on all the family news and got to see pictures from their trip to Wyoming for Taya's blessing. We also played a couple games of Farkle, which was really fun.
Mr. Guinea gave me a big scare yesterday. I put him outside in his portable cage, and went inside. Later, Nathan and Megan and I were going to see the movie Brave and Dan was leaving for the drag races, so I went to get Zip to bring him back inside. I walked up to his cage, and stopped in my tracks. He was gone! I have no idea how he got out of there. It's just as tall as his cage that he has inside, and he's never gotten out of it. I yelled to the kids, and they came running. We were all just standing there, astonished and bewildered. What could have happened? I ran inside to tell Dan. I said, "Something took the guinea pig!" He stared back at me, and then said, "We'll never see him again." What a comfort he is. Anyway, I ran back outside. I had no desire to go to the movies when Mr. Guinzey was missing. I could just imagine a big owl swooping down to snatch him up and eat him. I thought, maybe he escaped somehow and is still around. I had the kids check under the shed. Nope. Then under the porch steps. Bingo. There he was. I was so relieved. Megan and I spent several minutes trying to get him to come out from under the porch and finally caught him. I still have no idea how he got out of that cage.
Mom and Dad bought us lobster and clams on Friday night. Yum! It was so delicious. There were several of us there: Emily, Megan, Nathan, Dan, me, Great Gram, Mom, and Dad.
Yesterday I took Megan and Nathan swimming down at Mom and Dad's. Emily came over too, and then they all came up to our house to watch Anne of Green Gables. That is one of my all time favorite movies. I made a big batch of Tapioca pudding (Megan's request), and we put the movie in. We watched part of the first movie, but we didn't all last through the whole thing. It's three hours long, so Mom and Gram and Emily went home to go to bed about two hours into it. Seeing that movie made me want to read the books again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment