Sunday, August 26, 2012


Tomorrow is the first student day!  We teachers had a couple of days of workshops on Thursday and Friday, but tomorrow is the first day for students.  Nathan is not very excited about it, although he does like his teacher and he's excited to see his friends.

Emily taught the lesson today in Young Women's.  I was so proud of her.  She did such a good job.  Then, after church, they had a seminary kick-off, which she went to.  This is her senior year, and she has three years of seminary under her belt.  Luckily for her, she has three other kids this year, unlike previous years, when she has been the only one at time!  This year she'll have Courtney, Rebekah, and Taylor.  I'm just so proud of her for going to seminary and church. 

I'm kind of excited for school now, although it took me a while.  I felt better about everything as I got my room ready and started planning.  I'm also not as upset about moving rooms now that I'm all settled in. 

I'm really enjoying my new calling at church.  I also am enjoying going to Sunday School.   I haven't been able to go for about 10 years, so it feels really nice to study the scriptures again, and be able to just listen and learn instead of teaching all of the time. 

As is tradition, I'm going to list all of the things I was able to do this summer so I feel like I've done a lot:
  • Swimming a lot at Mom & Dad's
  • Blueberry picking with the Atwaters
  • Vacation to Florida with Dan, Nathan, Megan, Ashley, Emily, and Mom
  • Made bookmarks with sisters at church (owls and kimonos)
  • Had a game night with Mom, Aunt Diane, and Kathy (we played 63) at Kathy's house
  • Made three receiving blankets for project at church
  • Lost 25 pounds!  And kept it off!
  • Spent lots of time with Emily while she had a couple of weeks off work
  • Saw a few movies (The Odd Life of Timothy Green, ParanormanBrave, and Ice Age: Continental Drift )
  • Got a pedicure done by Emily
  • Went to a tri-stake Young Women's Conference in Exeter
  • Met Sister Dalton!
  • Read lots of books, both on my own and to Nathan
  • Had Nathan do lots of math, spelling, and reading
  • Caught up on all my scrapbooks
  • Went to Range Pond with Dan, Megan and Nathan
  • Gave a talk at church
  • Had Steven and Lil over for supper and played Farkle
  • Had Joseph and Ephraim for a sleepover
  • Had Maddi and Sydni over for a sleepover
  • Attempted an Anne of Green Gables marathon with Mom, Emily, Gram, and Megan (we only made it through part of one)
  • Brought Nathan to two LOOK classes (Tribots and Stuffed Animal Monsters)
  • Participated in the Norway Library summer reading program
  • Got called into Young Women
  • Had Ashley here for about a week and a half
  • Had a Cooper get-together for Ashley, and celebrated Mackenzie's 5th birthday
  • Went out to eat at Daddy-O's with Nathan, Mom, and Gram
  • Went out to Cole Farms with Nathan, Mom, Olivia, Felicia, and Emily
  • Got my hair dyed for the first time
  • Went to Ephraim's birthday party
  • Went to BYU-I Dance Alliance show with Mom and Gram
  • Organized my scrapbook room
  • Temple trip with Dan and the youth
  • Did visiting teaching both months!
  • RS pool party at Mom's
  • Mini-golf and gokarts with Nathan and Emily
  • Went to Nick and Coti's wedding
  • Went to a shower for Jenny and Lee's new little girl
  • Celebrated Olivia and Felicia's birthday
  • Went kayaking with Mom and Marianne Zukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment