Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Two snow days!

We've had two snow days in a row!  It's been really nice just being able to get stuff done around the house.  I've done a few hours of work for school, too.  Nathan has had a blast playing with Branson and Kacie.  I finally made him do some homework tonight because he hadn't done anything for a couple of days.  Unfortunately, he got sick shortly afterwards (hope it wasn't the homework:-)  He's hanging out on the couch right now watching A Flintstones' Christmas Carol and playing with his iTouch.  In a little bit I'm going to read to him.  We've been reading a book lately that contains short Christmas stories, so we read one or two every day.  Then we read a chapter or two of a Titanic book that he wanted to hear again. 

Dan surprised me this afternoon by buying me a new stove!  I am super excited because I've been wanting a new stove for ages.  I hate the one we have, which has the old coils that are impossible to keep totally clean.  Anyway, I'm so happy!  It's going to be delivered on the 28th.  I can't wait!

Last night, Nathan and I had Family Home Evening just the two of us because Dan was out shoveling the roof.  We have a little poster from the Friend magazine that has little spaces on it.  In each present-shaped space is a scripture and a suggestion for an act of service you can do.  Nathan read the one for last night, which was to "Secretly do a service for a family member"  He left out the "secretly" and asked me what I wanted.  I said, "A stove."  He said, "No, I mean tonight."  Then, he thought of something, which was a massage.  Evidently, Megan and Taylor taught him to do massages, complete with lotion.  So I sat in my rocking chair and he put lotion on my bakc, arms, hands, feet, and my legs (from my knees down).  It was the cutest thing ever. 

I can't stop thinking about those sweet little children from Newtown, Connecticut and the staff members, too.  When I heard about it on Friday, I almost felt sick to my stomach, thinking of the parents of those little children, and how devastated they must be.  My heart goes out to them and the family members of the adults who died, also.  They sounded just like people in my school, people who love children and would put them first in an emergency.    

No comments:

Post a Comment