Thursday, August 22, 2013

Zihan

Zihan came in on Tuesday night at 11:10 or so.  I had made her a big sign with my Cricut that said, "Welcome Zihan."  She was really tired from her long flight (about 26 hours), but she was really friendly and sweet.  She was surprised that we lived one hour away from the airport.  When we got home we showed her around the house and she was really surprised by the towels (she said, "You say this is house, but it is hotel!"  It was so funny.   She was also surprised to hear that Dan built the addition, the size of our house, our food storage, and the towels.  She gave each of us gifts:  me a scarf, Dan a book, and Nathan and Megan a red Chinese knot each.  After we showed her around and she gave us gifts we went to bed.  It was around quarter of 2! 

The next morning I made pancakes, which she loved.  She's eaten everything I've given her so far.  We've had two fruit Coolatas from Dunkin Donuts, spaghetti pie, Oriental Beef Steak, bagels, and a turkey sandwich.

Yesterday we went to school and she helped me do my bulletin board.  Then we went to Walmart so she could get some clothes (she didn't have many short-sleeved shirts).  Then we came home and took a nap.  She's still trying to overcome jet lag.  In the evening, Mike, Hilda, and Elin came over.  She also met mom, dad, and Felicia that day. 

Today we went to the high school and registered her for classes and then we went to Auburn to get her a new phone. It took quite a while, so we finally got home at about 2.  She is exhausted so she's sleeping again.  Hopefully she will get on the right schedule soon. 

We are really enjoying her so far.  She is always smiling and in a good mood.  She is cheerful and kind.  Today in the car she cracked me up.  She tends to be dramatic in the way she explains things.  She asked how much longer the car ride was and I said, "About 20 minutes."  She said, "20 minutes?!  You must pulling my leg!"  I laughed so hard.  Then she was saying how tired she was.  She said, waving her arms around, "I miss home.  Our home.  I miss the bread...the milk...the air conditioning.  I'm coming!  Wait for me!"  like she was talking to the house.  I was laughing so hard.  She said, "Why you laughing so much?"

I can't wait for Megan to meet her.  I think they'll get along great.    

No comments:

Post a Comment