Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention)

This is the trunk of Mom's car before we headed home from CKC. Needless to say, we did a lot of shopping. It was so awesome! I probably spent more money than I should, but I didn't go into debt for it, so I guess it's okay. I took a couple of classes and Mom took 4. Other than that, we did lots and lots of shopping at the vendor fair. It's hard to describe how great it is. One of the funnest things about the convention is meeting other scrappers who are just as into it as I am. I can totally relate to them. I ran into a teacher that I knew and she and a friend were talking about this convention being the best time of year. Her daughter had asked her, "What about Christmas?" and she replied, "No, this is better." That just cracked me up. Even when you're just shopping you end up talking to the people around you because everyone's there for the same reason. One time, I was looking at a wall full of awesome products and I said, "Wow, this is overwhelming." and the lady next to me said, "That's an understatement." It was so funny. Another time, this lady joined Mom and I for lunch. We swapped ideas of scrapping projects that we want to do or have already done. By the time we left, we all had new ideas that we wanted to try. Now I can't wait to use all my new stuff! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment