Saturday, June 27, 2009

Scary

A couple nights ago someone tried to come into our house around 3:30 in the morning. It was so scary. The door is only a couple feet from my bed. The sound of the person at the door woke me up (and it takes a lot for me to wake up). I listened for it again, just to make sure I wasn't hearing things, and I heard a scratching sound and pushing on the door. I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room. Dan was sleeping on the couch, and I said, "Dan, someone's trying to get in through that door!" He jumped up and looked out the window with a flashlight. He didn't see anybody, but he checked the other windows, too. Nothing. The next morning he looked out back and could see footprints leading up to the door. Creepy! I keep wondering what would have happened if that door hadn't been locked.

We have a little visitor for 8 days. We're doing respite for our friend Diane, who's a foster mom. Larry, a little 5 1/2 year old came last night. He is so adorable! He's tiny for his age and has the cutest lisp and facial expressions. He calls me Sister Scoop, which totally cracks me up. He has some issues, but things are going well so far. He and Nathan have had a few disagreements, but for the most part they're getting along. I hope the rest of the week goes well. It will be fun for Nathan to have someone to play with.

Last night, at bedtime, Megan's stomach started hurting. She ended up going home, which was totally disappointing to me. I was actually kind of upset with her, because Dan had to drive two hours to bring her home and she had just gotten here. Now, she won't see any of the family that's here. She hasn't even seen the babies yet, and she probably won't see some of these people for a few years. It annoys me that no matter how good your relationship is with your step children, you're never really good enough. It's times like this when I feel like they're not really mine. I can put all the effort I possibly can into them, but they'll never really be mine. It's so sad to me. I see my students at school for more total hours than I see my step daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment