I had to write a 250 word biography for school. I thought it would be neat to put it on here.
Biography – Michelle Cooper
As a young child, I knew I wanted to be a special education teacher, mainly from the experience of having a younger brother with severe disabilities. Later on, being a violinist, I considered a career in music education, and entered Brigham Young University in the fall of 1990 as a music education major. The desire I had to help children with disabilities soon took over, though, and I changed my major to special education. I’m now in my twelfth year of teaching special education. I have worked with children in grades K-6 and 9-12, but my favorite age level is mid to late elementary. I now have my “dream job”, teaching in the same town that I grew up in. This is my fourth year at Oxford Elementary School, where I work with children in grades 4-6 in my resource room. I recently pursued a Master’s Degree in Education through New England College because I feel that there are always ways to improve and become a more effective teacher. I love working with children with disabilities, and seeing them learn and grow and develop confidence. Each one of them has talents and abilities to share with the world, despite their disabilities. Besides being a teacher, I’m also a wife, stepmother of three girls and a mother of one boy. I have many interests, which have included reading, scrapbooking, giving violin and piano lessons, singing barbershop, volunteering at church, and of course, spending lots of time with my wonderful family.
No comments:
Post a Comment