Monday, April 18, 2011

Bento

I've discovered some really cool Bento websites, so I decided to start making some for Nathan. It's an expression of love in Japan to make your child really creative, healthy bentos. Mine aren't nearly as creative or healthy as the ones I've seen on some of those websites, but it was fun, and Nathan loved them. There are lots of really cool supplies out there. I think I'm going to have to order some. Here are the first three I've made with stuff I had around the house.

Bento #3 A spider because the whole school was watching the drama club's production of Charlotte's Web musical that day. I added a container of applesauce and a drink, too. Bento #2 A spring theme He also got a container of pineapple chunks and a drink.

Bento #1 I thought the little train sandwiches were really cute.

1 comment: