Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home for the day


  • Nathan and I are home from school today. He was sick during the night (he threw up just a little bit, Dan said). He was really emotional when I mentioned going to school, so I thought that maybe he really is coming down with something. He tends to be really emotional when he's getting sick. I'm not sure if he's just wanting to stay home or what, but we'll see.

  • I've been reading lots of chapter books to Nathan this year. We've recently been reading a lot of Dick King-Smith books, and before that we were reading Mary Downing Hahn books. We've also thrown in some Geronimo Stilton and some Believe and You'reThere books. I'm so glad he loves books. He doesn't really like reading himself, yet, but I bet he will when he becomes more fluent.

  • Four of our five fish have died. There must be something wrong with our water. I got some ph neutralizer tablets, and hopefully that will help. The last two seem to be doing okay so far.

  • I am really anxious to get my work for my master's done. I always feel guilty when I'm doing anything, like reading a book for the fun of it, or scrapbooking. I think, "I should be working on my paper." I'm just looking forward to being able to just relax and enjoy my free time. I'm also looking forward to being able to do some other things, like join an orchestra, do foster care again, do more scrapbooking, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment