I haven't written in a while, so I have a lot to catch up on. I'm just going to write about whatever pops into my mind.
We had two Thanksgiving dinners, which was really nice. We had one at my parents on Thanksgiving day, and then one the next day at Jeff and Sue's. They were both delicious and it was fun to visit with both sides. We celebrated Maddi's 5th birthday that night, which was fun. She's such a little cutie. She was so excited to open her presents. At one point, she handed me my camera, I think she was hoping that she could get things rolling. So funny! We gave her a LaLaLoopsy ferris wheel with a couple little dolls. She and Sydney both loved it.
We had our first snow day the day before Thanksgiving, so we had a nice long weekend. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went to see the movie "Arthur Christmas". It was so cute! We brought Emily with us, too. The week before, we had seen "Happy Feet Two" with my mom. It was cute, but not as cute as Arthur Christmas.
Dan put our Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving morning. It looks awesome. He let Nathan put the blue candy canes on. I'm happy to let them do all the work. I love the tree, but I don't like having to put it up or decorate it. Speaking of Christmas, Nathan started his Lego advent calendar on December 1st. It's the first think he does every morning. So far, he's gotten a robber, a catapult, a policeman, and part of the jail. Not very Christmasy so far, but I'm sure there will be some decorations eventually. It's a Lego City one, so there are all sorts of different objects from the city. I also have another advent calendar up, and it has a Lindtt chocolate for him to eat each day.
Mom has been really sick lately with a really bad cold and cough. She always has a hard time getting rid of coughs. I've been sick this week, too, although not as bad as her. Each day of the week I was feeling worse and worse. I was supposed to go to a workshop in Orono on Friday, but I was feeling so badly that I decided not to go. Luckily, someone got to go in my place. Anyway, I was feeling a little better yesterday, probably because I could sleep in and just hang around the house. I started feeling worse again last night, and now I feel horrible. I stayed home from church, which is really unusual. I could have gone if I could just sit there, but I had a class to teach, piano to play, etc.
Yesterday, when I was feeling better, I made the cutest Christmas cookies! I'm so proud of how they turned out. They were sugar cookies, decorated like penguins with big sweaters on. I'll post a picture soon. I think I may have just found a new hobby. I used a new sugar cookie recipe and an icing recipe and watched some tutorials so I'd know how to do it. It was so fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment