This weekend was so busy! On Friday night, I went to a Stampin' Up party at Kathy's house. On Saturday, we had the Cooper Christmas party. Then today, we had the Record family party at the Silver Spur, then a birthday party for Megan. I love the Christmas season, but this was a little busy. Luckily, I'm feeling better. I'd been sick for a week and a half before I called the doctor. I was having symptoms of a sinus infection, so he put me on antibiotics. I'm still not back to normal, but I'm definitely feeling better. I have never had a cold like that one! I was completely stuffed up for over a week, with no relief in sight.
I gave a talk in sacrament meeting today on bringing the spirit of Christmas into our homes. I got a few compliments, so hopefully it was okay. I felt pretty good about it.
I feel bad for Megan each year when it comes to her birthday because it's so close to Christmas that we have to squeeze in a little party. I always feel like she's getting gyped. She seemed happy today, though with our little party. We had my mom and dad come, along with Gram, Emily, Felicia and Jake, and Mike and Hilda. She got $75 in all, plus some gifts from us that she picked out herself (she's getting to that age that is difficult to buy for). I can't believe she's 13! She was only 1 1/2 when Dan and I started dating.
Ashley called tonight to say that she has to fly back to Texas on the 26th for a basketball tournament. She's only coming on the 24th! I could tell that Dan felt really hurt (I'm hurt, too). I'm not sure why we just can't seem to get really close to Ashley. I don't understand.
The kids got to open gifts at the Christmas parties we went to. Nathan was super excited about some Lego Ninjago stuff he got yesterday. Today he got a Mater Operation game, which he was excited about too. After Megan's party tonight we put together the Lego Skull Motorbike. Megan got a couple of CD's yesterday and a Justin Beiber calendar today. They both seemed happy.
For the Cooper party yesterday we met at Russel Park Manor to sing to the residents there. This was Nathan and Megan's first experience doing something like that and they were pretty nervous. It went really well, though, and the residents seemed to love it. I was so glad that Megan and Nathan got the experience of giving service like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment