Sunday, February 28, 2010

37 New things

A week ago was my birthday. A year ago, when I turned 37 I decided to try 37 new things that year and keep track as I go. Here's what I ended up doing:

1. Try Calamari (I tried it on my birthday at the Olive Garden and I loved it!)
2. Turned my old blog into a book
3. Solved a Rubik's Cube (with a little help from a website:)
4. Played a Nintendo DS (I played Megan's...so addicting...Mario Brothers...love it)
5. Went to the theatres to see Monsters vs. Aliens with Nathan
6. Went to the Scholastic Warehouse in Saco....So Awesome!
7. My child got sick (really sick!) at the dentist's office (that was a first, hopefully a last)
8. I had a pedicure!
9. Tried pistachio ice cream (it was okay)
10. Registered my child for kindergarten
11. Donated clothes to a lady who collects them for foster children
12. Went to the drive-in to see Up and Night at the Museum with Dan, Megan & Nathan
13. Got my Highly Qualified Teacher certificate
14. Vacationed in the Catskill Mountains
15. Learned how to play Bocce
16. Went to Zoom Flume waterpark in New York
17. Went to a Firefighting museum in New York
18. I drove there myself... in a different state...with a GPS.
19. Went on a train ride in the Catskill Mountains
20. Learned how to play 63 (a card game my mom played growing up)
21. Hosted game night with Aunt Diane, Kathy and my mom
22. Did respite care
23. Applied for a masters' degree program at NEC
24. Spent a weekend in Providence, Rhode Island
25. Went to a Literacy For All conference
26. Ate at an Irish pub (but I didn't drink any alcohol)!
27. Learned to play Tens, Kems and Bullcrap (card games) from JJ
28. Got a Cricut for Christmas!
29. Saw The Blind Side with Dan (super inspiring)!
30. Saw The Princess and the Frog with Nathan
31. Got massaging slippers from Megan! Aaaaahhhhh!
32. Added a few new recipes to my collection (almond frosting, Weenie Beanie Delight, etc.)
33. Made a scrapbook for Gram Record from all her grandchildren
34. Joined Facebook
35. Saw Twilight Saga: New Moon
36. Became the full-time mother of a 16 year old
37. Tried Shoo Fly Pie (it was really good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment