1. Amber is at Youth Conference (hoping it is uplifting spiritually and socially)
2. Amber is doing well overall. She's making some good changes in her life. She's liking seminary.
3. Dan is taking us all to the Olive Garden tonight for my birthday (Nathan, Megan and me)!
4. Nathan wanted to make me a treat for my "party", so this morning we made pie crust dough, and used to butter, sugar and cinnamon to sweeten it. It was so yummy. I thought it was so sweet that he thought of it himself.
5. We have the sweetest little bunny (since Tuesday. He's actually Amber's). I've never seen such a calm, friendly bunny. We all just love him to pieces.
6. I got to scrapbook this week, both digitally and traditionally (with my friend Amy from church).
7. I planned a FHE for Monday night that everyone really liked. Even Amber said, "This is really cool, Michelle." It was about the brass plates and how important they were to Lehi and his family. I read them the story, then we "engraved" our own plates (cardboard covered with alluminum foil) with a toothpick. We used a set of symbols I found in a Book of Mormon idea book. Then we translated each other's, put them together and put them in a box. Nathan, who played the part of Moroni, buried them (in the dishwasher that's not hooked up). He thought that was pretty cool. It's hard coming up with ideas that are good for both a 5 year old and a 16 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment