- Only 7 1/2 weeks of school left. Wow!
- I thought for sure we'd have another foster child by now. It makes me sad because when Nathan turns 5 we won't be able to get a girl. It's DHHS rules that a child that is 5 or older can't share a room with a child of the opposite sex. We could get a girl if she was under a year old, though, because infants under one year can sleep in the parents' bedroom in a bassinet.
- Nathan gave the FHE lesson the other day. It was so cute. First, he danced for us. Then, he gave us the lesson. He "read" us a book about the life cycle of a frog, then he "read" us the stories of Ammon and Abinadi. It was so cute. He seemed very proud of himself.
- I got my old blog put into a book at blurb.com and it came today. I love it. There are some pictures that I would have liked a little bigger, but other than that it's great.
- Lately, Nathan has been super worried about germs and anything that can harm him. I hear several times a day, "Is this milk still good?" or "I put this near my nose. Will that give me a nose infection?" or "If I eat this chip that fell on the floor, will it make my life shorter?" It's funny to hear him ask those questions, but I hope he's not going to be a worrier.
- I've had a stressful week at work. I love working with the kids, but I have a parent that is really difficult to please. Nothing I do seems to be the "right" thing, and she and her husband have both sent me really rude, demeaning emails. That kind of stress is so draining!
- On a positive note, I've been doing the Herbal Life shakes since last Friday and I feel so much better already! I've already lost some weight, too. I'll find out tomorrow morning exactly how much (I think around 5). It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be to stick with it. I really want to enjoy this summer and it will be a lot easier if I'm thinner.
- Dan is almost done the shed/playhouse. It's looking great! He's put the vinyl siding yesterday and he hooked up the electricity tonight. He's going to add the ladder and slide this weekend. The kids will have so much fun in there this summer.
- Another funny thing Nathan has been saying lately: When I say "Sorry" about something and he's being grumpy, he says, "Well, sorry won't break it." I'm sure he means, "Well, sorry won't cut it", which really isn't a nice thing to say, but it's funny that he says it that way.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment