Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Laptop!

I'm so excited! I got my first laptop last night! We went to Best Buy in Portland because I was told by other digital scrapbookers that both Macbooks and Dells are good. I didn't really want a Macbook, so we looked for a Dell. I thought we were going to just be looking at them to get prices and compare and all that, but Dan surprised me by getting it last night! I have been worrying lately that my computer is going to crash and I'm going to lose all my pictures and digital scrapbook pages that aren't saved on scrapbookpictures.com. Our computer is getting kind of old, and it seems inevitable. It's also very slow, so we're switching to faster wireless connection. We'll be able to watch movies from Netflix on it, which will be fun. We have Netflix right now, but we can't watch them instantly because our computer is so slow. I'm so excited! On the way home from Best Buy last night, Dan said, "This is the most expensive Family Home Evening we've ever had." He cracks me up.

Felicia came over this morning and gave Nathan some bendies (I think that's what they're called) from Toy Story 3. He was so excited. She stayed for a while to visit until Mimi came and picked her up. They were going to look at a car for her. It was so fun just visiting with her. I heart her!

Nathan is taking a LOOK class this week called Drawing Adventures. They've talked about and experimented with free drawing, composition, pencil lead softness and hardness, blending, shadows, and charcoal. Nathan wasn't too happy with the Cray-Pas and charcoal because he doesn't like getting dirty. He did love the special erasers the teacher had, though. They looked like gray silly putty.

Dan got a call in the middle of the night from the hospital, telling him that Amber was there. She had a fight with her boyfriend, went for a walk, and punched her hand through a window of an old abandoned house. She ended up with 8 stitches in her hand. Dan went up there to be with her. I didn't even wake up through all of this. I didn't find out until Dan called me this morning from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment