Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vacation: Wednesday through Saturday

Enjoying the pool at the resort. I love Megan's hair!
Meeting Sir Topham Hatt

Metting Thomas!


Nathan went down this slide about 50 times at Attitash



At the Weather Discovery Center


On Wednesday, we went to Attitash. We've been there before when the girls were all little, but they barely remember it. First, we did the alpine slide several times. Everybody loved that, including me! It was in the 90's that day, so super hot! It felt refreshing and exilierating to be going down the mountain at such a fast speed. Ashley and Megan also did the trampoline, where they harness you in, and then they did the rock climbing wall. By then we were all so hot, so we went to the water park area. There is not much there really, but the girls did each of the slides several times. Nathan, Dan and I did the tube slide, which was fun. It was relly tiring climbing up the hill, though, to get to the top of the slide, so I only did it a couple of times. They had a kiddie pool area for children under 48 inches. Nathan is 49 inches and they were not about to let him in. We explained that he just turned six and is just really tall for his age. He liked the tube slide, but he wouldn't go on any of the other slides because he would have had to go down alone. You have to sit on a mat, and they wouldn't let him ride down with Dan. Anyway, after some time and discussion and a call to the manager, they finally let him in. He played happily in there for hours. I don't know what I would have done if they didn't let him in. I wasn't about to climb up that hill over and over just to keep cooled off. In the kiddie pool I was able to stay cool with Nathan and watch him play.

On Thursday, Dan took the girls to a place called Monkey Trunks. They loved it! I had seen the brochure for the place several months ago, and it looked like the perfect thing for Dan and the girls. It's a ropes course that involves lots of climbing, balancing, heights, zip lines, etc. Just their thing. Dan did the course a couple of times and Megan and Ashley did it four times. Nathan and I just hung out at the resort, and walked to a couple of shops while they were gone.

On Friday, I took Nathan to a Day Out with Thomas, which was just up the road from the resort. I figured that this was the last year that he would want to do something like that because he's almost outgrown Thomas. He really liked it, though. We rode on Thomas, had a motor car ride, saw a big tortoise, met Sir Thopam Hatt and had lemonade and snow cones. He also got to play with some toy trains and got some coloring pages.

That afternoon, we walked over to the Weather Discovery Center across the street from Eastern Slope Inn. The girls really didn't want to do it because they thought it would be boring. It turned out that everybody had a good time, and it was free! You can't beat that. You could learn about tornadoes, currents, wind, the weather on the top of Mount Washington, and you could even see yourself on tv as you practiced being a weather forecaster.

Saturday was a low key day. We went out for breakfast at Friendly's. We hung out at the resort. We watched movies and swam in the pool. Then we out to supper at Pizza Hut. We stopped at the playground at the park on the way back. Ashley and Dan played basketball for a while, Nathan and Megan played on the playground equipment. Then Megan and I played tetherball. It was so fun. It was a nice, relaxing day to end our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment